Things to Do
When not orienteering
As well as orienteering, there are many other activities available in the area. Opportunities include cycling, hillwalking, birdwatching, wildlife boat trips, fishing, visiting historic buildings, golf - the list is endless.
In Inverness, the main place for further information is the Inverness Information Centre, Castle Wynd, Inverness. This is a one-stop shop for accommodation, activities and attractions in the Highlands, located just below Inverness Castle.
The VisitScotland website gives a good overview of possibilities throughout Scotland, with a search function to help you find the things that suit you, near where you’re staying.
Here are some ideas for interesting places to go and things to do, listed by area. These are not exhaustive lists, and do not constitute endorsement – please check details carefully before visiting attractions.
- Inverness - at the heart of the Scottish 6 Days 2015
- East of Inverness - near to Days 1, 3 and 4
- West of Inverness - near to Days 2, 5 and 6
- North of Inverness - across the Beauly Firth, on the Black Isle
- South of Inverness - heading south along the A9 road