Where to Stay
Accommodation can be found from a number of sources, below is a list of the main ones:
We are also offering an event campsite with a capacity of over 750 people.
The Walkhighlands website has an excellent accommodation search feature as well as lots of info if you fancy a walk while your here.
Cottages in Braemar, Ballater and Upper Deeside
B&B in Braemar, Ballater and Upper Deeside
Accommodation Update June 2017-06-04
There is limited accommodation left in Deeside however for those wanting to enter the event we can offer the following options :
1 – Try the event campsite. This is located adjacent to the centre of Ballater and is very close to the event centre, shops and free event bus pick-up point. The toilets and showers are cabin based (rather than portaloos), there are electrical hook-ups available.
2 – Try accommodation further afield,Tomintoul, Banchory and Aberdeen are all within driving distance – the roads in Deeside are quiet and fast with travel from Aberdeen to Aboyne (Days 1-3) about 40 minutes and to Braemar (Days 4-6) about 80 minutes. No JK 2017 type queues here!
3 – check the list below for other offers of accommodation:
- Spare bedroom with double bed in Kincardine O’Neil – free! And basic breakfast offered into the bargain as well. Contact Jon Musgrave for more information.
- Yurt in garden in Dinnet (halfway between Aboyne and Ballater) 2 double sized futons and space for 2 more on sleeping mats (bring your own). Bathroom shared with house. Breakfast and dinner offered as well (vegetarian). Contact Suzanne Sant Angelo on 07716 019 230
- Rucksacks Bunkhouse in Braemar, Mar Road. No internet booking, Contact Kate on 013397 41517.
- Ballater Hostel (formerly Habitat), central location in Ballater, 250m to event centre, 300m to Co-op supermarket. One 8 person room left, £157.50 per person for 7 nights (discount available for whole room booking). Contact Jon Musgrave
- Self catering bunkhouse in Invery approx 6 miles from Braemar,sleeps 8, £15 per person per night. Discount for group bookings more than 3 days
Contact Ian Foster 07909556991 or 01339741501
2 bedroom cottage available in Aboyne. Sleeping 4, 1 double and 2 singles, fully equipped, at a cost of £650 per week. Contact
Marchmar Farmhouse, near Lumsden. Sleeps 7 in three bedrooms (2 x double, 1 x 3 singles). Pets allowed. Details and booking (Home ID 357678) at www.holidaylettings.com
Finzean Estate properties. Studio Apartment available to rent. Contains twin beds that can be zipped together to form a super king size bed. In this self-contained unit, there is also a kitchenette and a shower room. Contact Ann MacTaggart 01330 850710 /
- Tarland area website
- Kincardine O’Neil chalet,details of the chalet can be found on the web at : www.theholidaycottages.co.uk
- 6 spaces in a bunkhouse in Braemar at £122.50 per person for the week. Contact for more details