Chairman, Dave Kershaw
Ensure that the Scottish Orienteering 6-Day Event Co. Ltd. continues to deliver a quality event.
Main areas covered:
In discussion with the Board of Directors
- Guide the development of the 6-Day Event.
- Decide on the location of the event, and announce this at the SOA AGM four years prior to the event taking place.
- Appoint the coordinator of the 6-Day event.
- Appoint Directors to the Board as required.
- Decide on specific remits for each of the Directors of the Board.
- Ensure that the Directors have a dynamic approach to their role(s).
- Keep an awareness of the product offered by other multi-day events at home and abroad.
- Make decisions regarding any alteration to the format of the 6-Day Event.
Prepare the Agenda for the meetings of the Board of Directors and, as required, any AGMs.
Chair all the meetings of the Board of Directors of the Scottish Orienteering 6-Day Event Co. Ltd.
Liaise with the SOA Professional Officer.
Liaise with SOA (President) and British Orienteering (Chairman & Chief Executive) on matters of relevance to the 6-Day Event Company.