Day Co-ordinator Director, Rachel Wilson
Liaison with the overall Day Co-ordinator on the Central Organising Team and through this person, the individual Day Organisers.
Reporting to the Board of Directors of the Scottish Orienteering 6-Day Event Company.
Main areas covered for each event
Contents of Organiser’s Manual.
An overview of, advice and assistance (if necessary) with:
- Appointment, co-ordination and supervision of team leaders.
- Manpower for everything on the day except the Central Organisation roles.
- Preparation of information for programme and daily news sheet.
- Health & Safety for the day, including completion of Risk Assessment and Emergency Rescue Plan.
- Car Parking / newsletter distribution / road marshalling.
- Assembly Area (layout, entrance, exit, Traders, Results display, toilets, rubbish).
- Signage within Assembly/Car Parking and to Starts.
- String / Off string courses.
- Drinks stations in the forest (if any).
- Prize giving (Day 6).