Marketing Director, Vacant
Liaison with the Event Co-ordinator, the Marketing & Publicity Manager and the Sponsorship Manager on the Central Organising Team.
Reporting to the Board of Directors of the Scottish Orienteering 6-Day Event Company.
Main areas covered.
The three aspects of this post are:
- Promotion of the event to orienteers at home and abroad to continue the growth in the number of people taking part in the event
- Promotion of the event in the local area to attract sponsors in order to raise the quality of the event
- Promotion of the event in the local area to raise awareness of orienteering and leave a lasting legacy of enhanced orienteering activity in the area
In particular, the main areas covered are:
- Promotional material aimed at:
- potential competitors
- potential sponsors
- Advertising of the event to orienteers in the UK and abroad
- Liaison with local agencies
- Media coverage
- Local promotion of the event to develop support from local businesses and interest in orienteering amongst the local community
- Collection of data on the economic benefit of the event to the local area, for use by future events. (Competitor survey or informal information from local businesses.)