Darnaway, 4 August
O-Fest Prize Winners announced ... Congratulations to all
All prizes have been generously donated by Ultrasport
Benjamin Wey OLG Zurich
Phil Winskill WCOC
Sue Kuestner Cascade OC
Keith Yardley Gramp
Onlap Chan HKOC
Stephanie Pruzina LVO
Michael Muggeridge HAVOC
Chris Virgo Devon OC
Ella Baxter SYO
Erica Cload INVOC
Ffion Noot-Williams EPOC
Finn Selmer-Duguid TAY
Ian Nixon AIRE, Claire Dallimore SWOC
Alistair Thornton MDOC, Sam Griffin GANDAL
Rupert & Ben Parkinson FVO, Daisy & Eleanor McNamara AYROC, Elliott & Sarah Harbottle MOR
Congratulations to everyone. A prize voucher can be collected from the Information Tent which you can then exchange for your prize at Ultrasport.
The Highland O-Fest offers a wide choice of activities at Darnaway on the Rest Day.
As well as watching the WOC Middle Distance race and supporting your national runners, there will be a whole range of other activities at Darnaway – things you don’t usually find at an orienteering event!
The Highland O-Fest will be open from 11:00 until 17:00 (car park opens at 10:00).
Travel: Please follow these travel directions to reach the event. There may be other possible routes but this is the route agreed with local police and other relevant official bodies.
From Inverness, follow A96 for 23 miles through Nairn and just beyond Brodie. Turn R onto minor road signed Whitemire/Conicavel. Follow O signs onto Estate tracks to parking field.
Parking: In fields adjacent to Race Arena. A one-way system is in place, ensuring different entry and exit routes. Buses and campervans are in the same area.
Prizes for some of the orienteering-related activities have been generously donated by Ultrasport.
Activities close to the Arena:
Activities within the Arena:
- Maze - Be aMAZEd by how fast you can get round our aMAZEing sprint! Thanks to Guildford Orienteers for use of their layout (previously seen at Guildford Olympic Torch Relay).
- Climbing wall - provided by Great Glen Adventures. If you are big enough to fit into a harness, you can have a go on the 6m ‘Great Glen Tower’ (maximum weight 16st/100kg).
- Archery - Try your skill with bow and arrow with the Moray Bowmen Field Archery Club.
- Mountain Bike Skills
- Morayvia - What’s it like in an RAF plane? Take a seat in a Jet Provost cockpit to find out. Morayvia is a local charity working to establish a Science and Technology Experience Project in Moray.
- Walk on Water ball pool - provided by Great Glen Adventures. You can run, walk, sit or just lie in a ball in the water pool.
- Disc Golf - also known as Frisbee Golf. Throw a flying disc from a tee towards a pole with chains that catch the disc and drop it into a basket. Try it out at a single basket or tackle a longer course. Highly addictive! Provided by Ace Adventure.
- Face painting - show who you're supporting in the WOC or choose your favourite design.
- Quiz - There are 50 nations taking part in the World Championships. What do you know about them? There will be a junior quiz (under 12) and senior quiz (12+). Quiz sheets will be available in the main Information tent and the KidZone tent.
- Smoothie Bikes - Whizz up your favourite smoothie by pedalling - or have one of the kids from the Elgin Youth Café do it for you!
- Craft fair - Take home a souvenir from one of our local craftspeople.
- Food fair - celebrating Scotland's Year of Food and Drink 2015
Some of our usual catering outlets will also be present.
If you have already entered the 6-Days, you can amend your entry to add your Highland O-Fest booking, until 19 July. For those who have pre-entered, a Highland O-Fest wristband will be included in your registration pack.
After 30 June / Entry On Day price: adults £10, juniors/students £3, M/W8 and below - free.
Additional wristbands can be purchased at the Event Centre on Saturday 1 August, at the Information tent on Days 1 and 2, and at the Information tent at the O-Fest.
Show your wristband for free access to all activities (excluding purchase of food and drink). No start times will be allocated for any activities; just come along to the start any time during the stated start period.
(No wristband is necessary for anyone wanting to spectate at the WOC race only.)
[alternative keywords: OFest, OFestival, Rest day, MTBO, Trail-O]